Monday, May 11, 2009

Does a wedding coordinator's certificate make a difference?

I live in maui,hawaii and I'm planning on getting into a career in weeding plannng and I would like to know which way would be the best way to get started, get my wedding coordinator's certificate or just look for apprenticeship and/or work with a florist, caterer etc just to get to know more about the business? And if I came to you and ask to be an apprentice would my chances be higher if I had a certificate or would it matter? Pls if possible could people in the business answer me back thank you.

Does a wedding coordinator's certificate make a difference?
The certificate is just validation about the profession you're in. First hand experience is very valuable and also helps you when you do begin to study...you can relate the textbook to experience. Ask a caterer, florist and/or local coordinators if they would mentor you and you serve as an assistant. This way you can determine whether or not this profession is for you. Test the waters first locally and learn about the business as much as you can ...then look into getting certified. I wish you the absolute best!


No comments:

Post a Comment